Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mickey Rourke Wrestles Frosty Paws

Mickey Rourke, who recently made a comeback of epic proportions in the Wrestler, has found himself wrestling new demons now that the Golden Gates of Hollywood are again open, and flush with opportunity. “Sometimes all you’ve got are your dogs. So I’d like to thank my dogs,” said Rourke during his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes. Well it seems that Rourke’s dogs are his top priority, and may also lead to being his greatest downfall.

On the night of Saturday March 27th, Rourke and his companion Jaws (a Chihuahua), found themselves feverishly canvassing the Greater New York Area in search of a delicious doggy dessert: Frosty Paws. This special snack can be just as addicting to dogs as Frozen Yogurt is to the fashionably health conscious downtown hipster-and the quest for it, can turn a sleepy Saturday night into a full-on melee. That is exactly what happened to the former Pope of Greenwich Village in his old movie-making stomping grounds just three nights past.

“Everything was OK until he realized we were out of The Frosty Paws,” said Rupinder Swaminathan, proprietor of The Beasty Feast on Washington Street in Manhattan’s Far West Village. “He just started walking around and moving his fingers through his hair… and pacing. He was very upset. I tell him, ‘no Frosty Paws today…tomorrow … Frosty Paws. Come back tomorrow. We are closing.’ He just went crazy… just like that … crazy. He started to empty out bags of dog food and screaming nonsense.”

Mr. Swaminathan continued, "He was saying, 'I can’t live in your golden palace Tully…I can’t fuckin’ live here,' over and over again… he was repeating. He said, 'I’ve been everywhere man don’t you get it? I’ve fuckin’ been everywhere.' Then he looks over and sees my dog Sammy, and he turns around real slow, staring at my face and says, 'I know you’ve got some fuckin' Frosty Paws in here bro.' Then he started to race towards me. That is when I became frightened for my life."

It was only when Rourke accidentally stepped on the tale of Mr. Swaminathan’s cat, Pepper, a full-bodied Tabby, that he seemed to surface from his spell of rage.

Realizing that he had injured an innocent animal sent him reeling. “Mickey began to weep almost instantly. It was kind of touching to see his love for the helpless beast. That is when I saw in him what everybody else sees in Mickey Rourke: a winner.”

Rourke stumbled out of the Beasty Feast weeping as he collapsed onto the sidewalk staring at Manhattan’s elite arriving in town cars for a night of debauchery in the meatpacking district.

“And there he was crying with the headlights in his eyes, and he was saying 'I fucked up…I fucked up.' He grabs my hand and looks at me in the eyes… holding his little doggy, and he say’s 'I love you Brother… Brother I love you … I’m sorry, it’s just the fuckin’ Frosty Paws man,' and he got himself off the ground and walked away. That was it,” explained Mr. Swaminathan. “I do love him. He’s not afraid to say he is sorry. Mickey Rourke is a True American.”

Whether they are his demons, or the demons of his dogs, we hope that Mickey and Jaws finally found some Frosty Paws and settled down for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment