Saturday, March 22, 2008

Muenster Texas Run 3/22/08

Saturday, 3/22/08, Jim & Pattie put together a run to Muenster Texas. The primary aim was the Rohmer's Restaurant at US 82/Walnut. We all met at the Red River Harley Davidson Dealership here in Wichita Falls. Prior to leaving, I had another opportunity to go in & slobber all over the bikes that I will have to win the lotto to get. Sorry to say, I did not get any pics of the group prior to heading out..Also, this is another semi-long post, so if ya want to see the pic bigger, double click the pic...The group consisted of Jim, Pattie, Janice (not my wife Janice), Sissy, Lance, Robbie & myself...Janice, my wife, couldn't make the run because she had to go to work. I WILL get her to go on one of the runs, I promise. This is a pic of the bikes outside of 4 Stars in Henrietta.


First stop was the 4 Stars M/C Ranch in Henrietta Texas. The 4 Stars Auto Ranch is now selling used bikes, so I assume it is called the 4 Stars M/C Ranch..Pattie & Sissy had to pick up some stuff for the upcoming Compassion Run which is 3/29/08. This is a pic of the bikes out front...Any of you blog surfers out there that are bikers & are in the area 3/29/08, stop by the staging area at Evangel Temple Church on Barnett & Kell West (US82),Wichita Falls, prior to 0900 hrs, sign up & join the run..It's for a good cause...(Hospice of Wichita Falls)


Pictured left to right are: Pattie, Jim, Sissy, Lance, Robbie & Janice. Janice's iPOD were berserk on her shortly after leaving Wichita Falls & try as she might, she couldn't get it fixed...


Another pic of everyone out front of 4 Stars...Left to right: Pattie, Jim, Sissy, Lance, Robbie & Janice.



The sign of Rohmer's Restaurant in Muenster Texas..Any guesses as to what kind of food they specialize in?


The bikes out front of Rohmer's..This is a pretty popular site with the bikers..Quite a few were leaving & arriving when we got there...Great food too..


Getting the leathers & stuff off prior to going in...Pictured are Sissy, Jim & Pattie..


Storing the stuff once off. It had warmed up considerably by the time we got there and those leathers made it a little warm...



Since I did not take my camera inside, no pics were taken of us feedin' our faces..So, when we came out, Lance took some pics..Left to right: Sissy, Jim, Pattie, Robbie, Janice & me.....oh, Sissy?


Here we go...Sissy, Jim, Pattie, Robbie, Janice & me..


Getting ready to depart. This is Sissy & Jim..How she could kick that leg up to clear that backrest was beyond me...If I would've had to do it, I would have pulled every muscle South of my neck!!

Pattie & Janice gettin' ready to go..

Our next stop was at The Chisholm Trail Mercantile (Biker Roadhouse) Store in St. Jo Texas. This was a motorcycle accessory & apparel shop. Here are the bikes out front..I thought it was very similar to Chaps My Ass in Medicine Park Oklahoma, only on a larger scale..Great bunch of folks working there..



The bikes out front of the Chisholm Trail Mercantile (Biker Roadhouse) Store..Left to right: Lance's new Harley, Janice's Harley, Robbie's Harley, Sissy's Harley, My Clone Vulcan, Pattie's Harley & Jim's Harley...Do you detect something seriously out of sync here?

Sissy & her Harley...



Robbie & her Harley.. That's the front of Lance's bike on the end. I say this now because I ran outta film & didn't get a pic of him & his bike.

Janice & her Harley. And that is the back of Lance's bike behind Janice's bike..




Sissy & her Harley..

Jim & his Harley


Pattie on her Harley.
I ran out of film before I could get a pic of Lance & his bike, but he didn't mind. Two things happened to Lance on this run..The first was a "here's your sign" moment..When we were at Rohmer's, a guy was looking a the back of Lance's bike. Lance's bike is brand new & he has the paper buyer's tags still on it. The guy asks Lance if he just got the bike...Response: No, he steals buyer tags for a living..Here's your sign.. Second thing that happened was that Lance suddenly disappeared from behind us on US 82 after leaving the store. .We pulled over & Janice & Jim went back to investigate. Seems something shiny had hit Lance's fairing and then ricocheted off that & almost got him...He pulled over cause he said it sounded like a shotgun blast..Come to find out, the gremlin bell that Russ had given me that I had wired onto my license plate, broke through the wire & had come off..It was not a little bell..It was a heavy gold sleigh bell off of a harness..We looked & there was not ever a scratch on Lance's bike..Thank God, cause I would've looked like roadkill there on the side of the road when he got done with me..Those Harleys are built tough & that is proof..So, somwhere West of St. Jo Texas, on the North side of US 82, lies a shiny gold sleigh bell in the weeds... That's all for now..I thank the group for letting me ride with them today..We had a good time..Looking forward to the next ride...Until the next post/ride, be careful out there....John

No comments:

Post a Comment