Monday, March 31, 2008

3rd Annual Compassion Run 3/29/08 Pt 2

Part 2 of the 3rd Annual Compassion Run starts with the setup & registration process on Saturday morning. I got there before 0800 hrs to help with the set up & take pictures of the same. I hopped off the bike & went to take some pics of those already there & the disks I bought the night before (my camera uses 3x 5 computer disks for "film") were all showing disk error & would not load...You can imagine I freaked as I took off for Wally World to get another brand...Alas, they didn't have another brand...Do you know how hard it is to find old style floppy disks at 0800 hrs on a Saturday morning? Went to 4 different places before I ended up at Target...They had the good disks, Thank you God!!! Made it back to the church at 0845hrs, the setup complete & registration starting..So I apologize to you brave ones who got there & did the set up. I don't have any pics of that..But I hope to make it up by the pics I was able to get that day..The first pic is of the riders arriving...Remember, if you want to see the picture bigger, click on the pic..Also, since this is a series of six long blogs, you may have to go to the left side of the blog page and in the archive column, click on the blog page ya want to look at and then have fun!!!

Registration starts as more bikers arrive...This is Barbara & Mike heading to the registration table...

The registration line starts to grow...


The parking lot of Evangel Temple rapidly fills up...



A view down the line of bikes to the South..




Another shot of the parking lot, different angle.. Alot of bikes...


Ronnie asked me to get a pic of this...He had some mechanical problems with his trike, a Harley..He could not believe that it took a Goldwing Tool Kit to fix it..Here is proof ...

Ronnie standing by his trike. Flip & Niki are on the far left..If ya'll could get me the names of the folks with you & on the bike, I will edit it in....


Registration got kinda hectic, didn't it Robbie? Robbie is in the pink leathers behind the table...


A view from the South entrance back to the North..

Left To Right: Gary, Flip & company...Niki took off to register...Again, if ya can get me the name of the person that is with ya, I will edit it in...As a matter of fact, if anybody sees someone that I did not name, get hold of me & we will get it fixed....

This is Lamont...Coming back from Target, he was about 2 miles behind me..His bike has the brightest headlights I have ever seen on a ground vehicle. More like landing lights!!!



More arrivals for registration...



It is not your eyes...The pic is slightly blurred...Left to right: Mike, Ronnie, Charles & Joe..

Russ doing the registration paperwork...



Mike & Russ at the registration table. The 3 of us are ex-co- workers for many a moon...


The Boozefighters arrive & register..They also manned the stops...Great bunch of folks....



Dean & Jerry of the CMA group. (Christian Motorcycle Association).

The Motorcycle Leathers & More Logo..Owner says if you are in his area & need something, call him anytime day or night & he'll fix ya up...They have been with the Compassion Run since Compassion Run 1.

The Motorcycle Leathers & More trailer..





The motorcycle jewelry tent..





The Sportster up for grabs in the raffle..



Ye olde bandana tent...Pretty colorful...



The leather jackets & vests & goodies from the Motorcycle Leathers & more folks..
This concludes Part 2..Remember, there are 6 parts to this..Actually 7..Part 6 is in 6A & 6B, which will be explained when ya get down to it....Enjoy..........John
























No comments:

Post a Comment