Thursday, March 6, 2008

Crazy Texas Weather 3-6-08

Saturday it had been in the 70's, light wind & sunny. Today, 3-6-08 at 10:30 am, I headed to the bank on the bike to pick up some stuff for Janice. It was 33 degrees with a wind chill of 27. When I got to the bank, it started to snow & the temperature started to drop. I left the bank & met Janice for lunch as the wind started blowin' & the snow started fallin'. We finished eating and Janice wanted to follow me home to make sure I got there as it was snowing pretty good & the roads were getting wet. By the time I got home, there was ice all over the bike and I was a little chilled. But hey, that's what ridin' a bike is all about..Ya take the good with the bad. A view out the garage after we got home...They are now calling for 4" of the white stuff.

Ice on the backrest & saddlebags..

Snow & ice on the windshield. Thank God for that windshield.. I felt more than snow hitting my face and that stung, so there may have been some ice pellets too. But I survived to ride another day.
Remember, if ya want to see it bigger, click the pic. Until later, stay warm & dry............John


No comments:

Post a Comment