Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Police Motorcycle 7-8-08

On Tuesday, 7-8-08, I had to run some paperwork down to Janice at City hall. When I got there, parking was limited, so, I parked by one of our Wichita Falls Harley-Davidson Police Motorcycles. After reading all the stuff on the web about our guys & speed traps (non-existent), I thought I would take some pictures of the bike so those of you in other county's, states & country's that view this blog, can see what our guys are riding. When I was a motor officer back in the 80's, we rode Kawasaki KZ1000 police bikes..I think these Harley's look a lot better than ours did..So, scroll on down for this very brief post and see the bikes. REMEMBER: if you want to see the picture bigger, just click on the picture...Continue scrolling down and see other motorcycle runs/events & posts..Click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of each page for even more, back to Jan. 08.


Coming into the downtown area of Wichita falls, I slowed the bike down on the overpass & took this photo of the new overpass & the following photo..TxDot is in the process of building overpasses from North to South and East to West..



The other view of the downtown area as I go up the overpass...


Just to prove I really did go see Janice (my wife) at work...

Here is the right side of the Harley police bike in the parking lot at city hall. If I remember right, I believe we have 12 motor officers..Ten officers & 2 Sergeants. One Sgt & 5 officers per team.


Here is Miss Clone next to the police bike..There was a city council meeting going on and the place was packed...


The logo on the fairings of the police bikes..The bikes of yesteryear & my era were plain Jane and no logos...


Here is the left side with the WFPD patch on the gas tank. I really think these bikes are good looking and the officers that ride them, are the best in the state & in the country..They proved it in Las Vegas this year at the National Police Motorcycle Rodeo, where officers from all over the United States competed. Our guys took, if my memory serves me right, 1st-5th place in competition. OUTSTANDING guys!!!


Coming up in the next day or two will be a post about Sheila, who sews patches on vests & uniforms at Surles Loan in Wichita Falls. You will be extremely pleased with the quality of work she does & the VERY, VERY reasonable rates..But, I will give you all the details , pictures & numbers later, on that post..

That will conclude this post. Scroll on down for more rides/events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of each page for even more.....Until next post/ride, ya'll be careful out there, if ya ride hard-ride safe & keep the rubber on the road.........JOHN

No comments:

Post a Comment